Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for crisp air and your energy bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heater or air.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Columbus and keeping bills low.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy charges down.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is an obvious advantage for keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can try several other methods to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your house cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Consider Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.