Spring is great for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can open windows for crisp air and your energy bill is often at its lowest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Columbus and keeping costs low.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy charges down.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving technology in modern cooling systems is an obvious advantage for keeping your power bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can try several other approaches to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 614-334-3192 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your house. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.