Booking yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Checkups keep your air conditioning system in Columbus running at its top performance while keeping utility consumption low. It also might even help extend its life span.
While there are a few tasks you can complete by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and service.
Here are a couple steps you can complete on your own as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a big portion of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier temperatures near, it’s also a great idea to put AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the perfect season to get your cooling unit cleaned and checked out. Waiting to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or a new unit, you may be waiting days for a tech. And that could become very unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner upkeep might be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioning equipment in the top order:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and could lower your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn maintenance near the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have dropped into your system, since this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 614-334-3192, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros begin the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide reliable operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially stay clear of breakdowns.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Examining controls to ensure your system is starting, running and shutting down correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that need extra work, we are set to give you the most reasonable choice. Pinpointing possible issues promptly may solve larger troubles in the future. This also provides you time to save if your system is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new AC system, our Experts will partner with you to pick the ideal equipment for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment fit your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to request your tune-up? Call us at 614-334-3192 or schedule an appointment online right away.