Planning regular AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning system in Columbus running at its best performance while keeping electricity needs low. It also might even help extend its life span.
While there are a few tasks you can complete alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can complete on your own as you prepare for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a big amount of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect season to get your air conditioning unit cleaned and checked out. Waiting to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you might be waiting days for a technician. And that could turn very unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh cooling system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner upkeep might be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your air conditioning unit in the top state:
- Put in a new air filter advises each month or two. This is especially necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the outdoor condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your equipment, as this can limit airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 614-334-3192, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros start the nitty gritty. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver secure operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially stay clear of breakdowns.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to remove any blockage from dirt and grass.
- Examining controls to double check your system is starting, running and shutting down correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that involve extra service, we are ready to give you the most reasonable solution. Pinpointing possible troubles in a timely manner could solve larger issues in the future. This also offers you time to strategize if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new AC system to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to request your tune-up? Call us at 614-334-3192 or schedule an appointment online now.