It’s frigid outside. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always eager to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Stevenson Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.