We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to share the common heating problems Columbus homeowners often call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of reasons why your Columbus home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Listed below are the top five problems that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace excessive heat or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters which develops airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unanticipated breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
Every one of these common issues can be fixed by a professionally qualified, ACE-certified technician. Technicians from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the necessary repairs. Getting a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent nearly all heating problems that result in no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they run correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Important items like Carbon Monoxide checks, plenty of combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a ACE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Columbus at 614-334-3192 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.