Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a service technician to arrive. Talk about a headache!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this scenario. But what are the signs that it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC specialists strongly suggest servicing it no less than once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential problems and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time of year. This enables you to identify and repair potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioner tune-up is a thorough process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not recommended. Here are some key aspects of the work performed during a routine service call:
- Detailed inspection: The technician carefully looks through your AC unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The HVAC specialist uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to minimize friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals advise doing this yourself every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less energy to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician thoroughly inspects your air conditioning every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Higher air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on premature replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, emergency repairs or system replacements.
To optimize your savings, consider investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and spending plan. You’ll enjoy several advantages no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, annual AC maintenance is crucial for increasing performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, preferably in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with skilled Experts, complete maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.