As far as energy-efficient HVAC installation in Columbus, there’s fantastic news for homeowners this tax period.
The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit will now go through 2020. This may entitle you to reductions for energy-efficient home enhancements, like updated heating and cooling equipment, water heaters and heat pumps.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements?
To qualify for the credit, the home should be the taxpayer’s chief house in the USA. The improvement needs to work for five years or more, with the original use originating with you.
What Types of Enhancements are Eligible to be High-Efficiency Renovations?
Usually, this tax credit equals 10% of the cost of the ensuing energy-saving changes that achieve specified ENERGY STAR® conditions:
- Advanced main air-circulating fans
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil furnaces
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil hot water boilers
- Energy-efficient heat pumps
- Energy-efficient water heaters
- Energy-efficient central air conditioners
- Qualified metal and asphalt roofing
- Qualified exterior storm windows, skylights and storm doors
- Solar/geothermal energy products, for example solar electricity, solar water heaters and geothermal heat pumps
Am I Limited to Claiming a Certain Amount?
Yes, there’s a lifetime max credit of $500 per home. This means if you have taken this credit in previous years, you must reduce any credit you previously claimed.
If you’ve previously claimed the highest amount, you won’t be eligible for any additional reductions with this expansion.
Credit Maximums for Certain Equipment
Credits are restricted for some eligible solutions:
- Windows and skylights—$200
- Advanced main air circulation—$50
- Hot water boilers—$150
- Energy-efficient units—$300
If you have questions about how you can benefit from the extension of the residential energy efficient property tax credit, download Form 5695 or contact your tax advisor for assistance.
Improve Your Heating and Cooling System Today
Been procrastinating getting new heating and cooling system? Talk with the Experts at 614-334-3192 or contact us online. We can help you choose an energy-efficient system you can earn tax benefits from the next year.