Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many folks in Columbus. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Columbus heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Columbus heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Stevenson Service Experts a call at 614-334-3192 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Columbus heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it could also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Columbus temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than usual. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.