Air conditioners don’t run forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several points to think about, plus the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and enhances comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your home comfortable. A new air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Stevenson Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you replace both units at the same time.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any big imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system fails. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your family cozier and lowering your yearly heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at once. And you might even be eligible for a special deal since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Stevenson Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 614-334-3192 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.