When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it could still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Many people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and understand the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you might first think about continuing the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets costly fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to maximize the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate unhealthy contaminants. Then, get in touch with Stevenson Service Experts to help you pick out and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can accumulate in the water main following heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration solution. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that clean water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s structure, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Stevenson Service Experts, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Stevenson Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.