Your heating and cooling system is vital to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your AC has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with urgent repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you had a way to guarantee a constant supply of healthy, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should look into enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to ask for tune-ups with Stevenson Service Experts, but we highly encourage registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, take a look at these benefits:
- Expose minor problems right away: Issues with your heating and cooling tend to progress gradually. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to find and resolve smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected expense that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Increase home comfort: When your home comfort system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement equipment.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit offers peace of mind that your HVAC system is working like it's supposed to.
- Protect your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your heating and cooling system? An HVAC contract grants access to the quickest installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you disappointed, our technician will return to make things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Stevenson Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Stevenson Service Experts office today.