Preventing it from happening is the most crucial place to start. Taking proper safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Columbus.
Here are several steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when operated properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating accurately, particularly your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.