What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your house, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with extended exposure.