Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Columbus
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button keeps tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you irritated and chilly in Columbus, the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can help.
Sometimes, you can take care of issues with your oil-burning furnace by yourself. There are several things you can take a look at before contacting us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be too low. Check that it’s set to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature turns off your furnace when it detects trouble. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is clear. Once you’ve checked those locations, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to become concentrated and spark a fire once the furnace begins working.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be congested and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s an issue with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a few drops of electric motor oil on them after shutting down your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our professional service technicians. Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pressing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely signals there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be found in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Other troubleshooting tips don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can find the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our specialists have passed extensive testing to earn the most prestigious HVAC standard, ACE certification. They are able to take care of most any heating repair. And all our repairs are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Regular maintenance can help you avoid furnace breakdowns. Once we get your furnace operating, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning technicians can recommend a membership plan that could limit expensive repairs and make your furnace work more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on utility expenses.