If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak may include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are worried they are caused by a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.
In some cases, the utility company will repair a gas leak, but in a lot of cases the homeowner is liable. Luck for you, the team at Service Experts are highly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a lot of things to do around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Columbus codes.
From installing gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to take on a host of gas line projects in the Columbus community, so no job is too big or too small for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 right away. After emergency responders are headed your way, call your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made sure there is no danger, call Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have a scent and isn’t easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Install and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks right away.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.