End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Columbus Home
An ordinary home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water every year because of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to locate. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or broken water supply lines can go undiscovered for a long time.
A water leak can be pricely. You’re paying for extra water you don’t need, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s crucial to detect and stop the slightest leaks.
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help you achieve just that. We have the skills for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Columbus.
6 Signs You Might Have a Plumbing Leak
Finding and fixing leaks are the most popular calls we field for plumbing services. Catching a leak immediately can help you avoid expensive water damage. Some leaks may be more difficult to pinpoint than others, but there are several telltale hints that you need to call a plumber in Columbus. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is more expensive than normal.
- Your pipes frequently make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your toilet, or your water looks rusty.
- Floors or walls seem damp or soft.
- You spot water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s damp soil or erosion by your home’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you suspect you have a leak but can’t see the evidence, check your water meter:
- Confirm no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Examine the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is typically a triangular dial or tiny silver disc. If the dial is spinning, you likely have a leak.
We can identify the source of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or potentially damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are many places you could notice a leak.
Leaks can be triggered by broken seals around water connectors, deteriorating pipes, obstructions and more.
They frequently happen:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, particularly kinds that are aging
- In hot- and cold-water hoses connected to your washing machine
If you see signs of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we stand behind all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Call us at 614-334-3192 or request an appointment online.