According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The average cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to prevent sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Columbus don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the knowledge, training and aptitude to take care of everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or backup, be sure to ring us at 614-334-3192
as soon as you identify a problem to evade as much, sometimes expensive, harm to your home and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Make sure you are disposing of garbage correctly.
- Discarding grease down your drain will result in a obstruction in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Service Experts install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if identified. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Service Experts today at 614-334-3192
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.