Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Columbus
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you hope it’s running properly so your Columbus basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can cease working for several various reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t draining correctly, contact the Experts at Stevenson Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop operating for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frozen or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to make sure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Verify the pump is upright and not tipping to one side, since this can cause the pump to not turn on when required.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump runs and drains the water rapidly.
- During dry conditions, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Stevenson Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to protect your home from water damage, trust the Experts at Stevenson Service Experts to verify yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 614-334-3192 or schedule an appointment online.