Your sump pump is one of those systems you may not remember until you need it—then you hope it’s running as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Columbus home.
Sump pumps can fail for several of different reasons and we’ve likely experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with a few preventive maintenance tricks to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or technically, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our team will observe your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any evidence of a impending issue, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is crucial to remember there are a few simple things that you can do to ensure you have your sump pump set up for ideal operation:
- Identify the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not falling to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it has been a while since your sump pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is clear.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be distressing water damage, look to the experts at Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 614-334-3192
or request an appointment online.